On today’s episode we are talking about our New Year’s Resolutions! I know that we are already almost through the first month of the year, but this is typically the time when most people are already giving up on their goals, and I don’t want you to do that! So today, I am sharing 5 Tips for Achieving Your Goals in 2019. So, whether you’re one of the ones who has already given up, or you haven’t even set your goals for the year, let’s work through these five tips and encourage one another to pursue these goals!
5 Tips for Achieving Your Goals in 2019
1. Set a Realistic Goal – You can have big goals, but try to be realistic about the time frame that goal can be achieved in. For instance, if you have a goal to lose a hundred pounds, let’s break that goal down into smaller goals that you can realistically achieve in your time frame. Let’s make the goal to lose twenty-five pounds in one year. Once you’ve achieved that, move on to the next twenty-five pounds, until you reach your overall goal. Or maybe you’re wanting to improve yourself as a mom, let’s pick one part of motherhood to work on first. If you find yourself quick to anger, let’s pick that, and put some small practices into place to grow in that area first.
2. Don’t Listen to the Naysayers – If you’ve listened to Episode 6 with Sally Parker, you’ll remember her big piece of advice was to take everything with a grain of salt. Ya’ll, this includes other people’s opinions about your goals. There will be times where people will tell you that you can’t do it, or you aren’t good enough, but if we let those voices in, we will never achieve our goals. So, block out those voices, and remember that you are the one with this dream and this goal, so pursue it!
3. Don’t Quit – Some of you may feel like you need to give up now because you feel like you’ve already failed. Don’t give in to this temptation! Even if you’ve already seemingly failed, pick it back up and start again!! Just because it gets hard or you don’t see all the results that you wanted to see right away, don’t quit. It’s going to evolve. It’s going to change. Your goals are going to change. Allow them to change but continue to set them. If something makes you stop for a minute, stop, adjust, and go! Adapt to that new circumstance that’s going on, but whatever you do, do not quit!
4. Write it Down – It’s amazing how powerful writing our goals down can be. I have started the habit of writing my goals down every single morning. I would encourage you to write them down and put them everywhere! Put them on your nightstand, on the kitchen counter, on the bathroom mirror. Write them in places that you are going to see them and write them as if you’ve already accomplished them. If you want to start a podcast, write down, “I started a podcast!” If you have a weight loss goal, write down, “I lost twenty-five pounds!”, or whatever amount you are working towards. Empower yourself with the mindset that you have already accomplished your goals!
5. Know Your Why – I chase my dreams so that I can give our family the best life that they can have. It is so important to know your why. Whatever your why is, figure it out. If you don’t know how to figure out your why, I want you to get out a piece of paper, write down fifty reasons you want to start whatever it is you’re going to start. Why do you want to lose twenty-five pounds? Give me fifty reasons. Why do you want to start a podcast? Give me fifty reasons. Whatever it is, do it, and know your why.
If you haven’t set your goals for 2019, even though we are already into 2019, go do it! I don’t care if it’s one goal, or fifteen, go put those goals down! It is so important. You want to be chasing something, and guess what? You can do it! You can do every single one of those goals that you write down. I am absolutely cheering you on at whatever it is you decide to do, and I can’t wait to hear about it!
For More Abundance
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Play Music
- Leave an iTunes review. This helps immensely as I continue to bring you new episodes!
- Find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or the Website.
- I’d love your feedback! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me on social media.
- Tell others! I hope you will share these stories with others that you know need to be inspired to live abundantly!
Download the full transcript here.