Spending time with the Lord each and every day can sometimes be a challenge. It is really about making the time a priority, because as busy moms or busy women or just being busy in general, we don’t have time. Instead, we have to make the time.
Are you making time for the Lord?
Now that we have it understood we have to make the time. Let’s talk about how we can do that.
1. Get up 10 minutes earlier. 10 minutes is not a big deal. Give yourself 5 to wake up and then spend the other 5 in the Word.
2. Wait until your kids are at school.
3. While your kids eat breakfast, sneak off to your closet for 5 minutes.
1. Read scripture while you eat lunch
2. Read the Bible while your kids nap – instead of cleaning the house right away and tidying up or even taking a nap – take 5 min to read
3. Include your kid(s). While you read, have them look through a book as well.
1. As soon as your husband gets home, run to your closet for 5 min.
2. Before leaving work, sit in your car for 5 min.
3. After the kids go to bed and before you grab the glass of wine to sit on the couch, read for 5 min.
Obviously, there are many other ways for you to find time and make time to be in the Word. However, these ideas will hopefully get your brain going on how to incorporate it into your day to day.
Now, let’s talk about what to read.
You can choose a book in the Bible, sure. If you are new, I recommend starting in John. It is a great way to hear and read the story of Jesus and to understand Him more. Read maybe a chapter and if that is too much, just read a few verses.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2
Another way I love spending time with Jesus, is having a devotional or a bible study. I love ones that are simple, yet ask questions and really have me think on just a verse or two. It helps so I can understand those specific verses and to really learn more about scripture.
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
How do you spend time with Jesus?