On the Live Abundantly Podcast today, Jacquelene Hayes is speaking with Emily Gough. Emily is a podcasting coach, lifestyle entrepreneur and host of the Room to Grow Podcast, where life and business intersect. Professionally trained in psychology, holistic nutrition and business strategy, Emily helps female entrepreneurs launch their podcasts and leverage their personal stories to positively impact others.
After 11 years working in the corporate world, Emily quit her job to pursue her dream career empowering women to live the life they’ve been dreaming of through high access coaching and online courses, and her signature approach is all about building powerful, authentic connections with listeners and influencers.
Since launching two separate podcasts since 2017, Emily has learned and implemented strategies that she teaches others, helping them successfully and confidently navigate how to create their own podcast to share unique stories and experiences, connect with peers and listeners, and design a business they love.
We want to start a podcast…what are the first steps?
- Open a Google Doc and make a list of 20 topics that you think you can talk about.
- Talk to your people! Friends, family members, social media audience, etc. Ask them what they want to hear about.
- Do research on a few of those topics you wrote down.
“If you’re brand new to this type of thing and you’re unsure, start smaller and you can always add.”
“Be consistent. Whatever you’re committing to, make sure that you’re consistent about it.”
“Everyone is HUMAN.”
“If you’re getting all ‘yeses,’ then you’re holding yourself back.”
“If you’re doing your job and you’re doing it well, the numbers will come. But you have to be focused on what you already have.'”
“We have to come from a place of abundance to be able to carry on and serve in the best possible way we can.”
CONNECT WITH EMILY:
Podcast: Room to Grow
Facebook: Emily Gough Coaching
Instagram: Emily Gough Coaching
Pinterest: Emily Gough Coaching
GETTING TO KNOW EMILY:
Favorite place to travel: the Big Island of Hawaii!
Favorite coffee drink: no coffee – caffeine sensitive
Favorite drink: Herbal tea
FOR MORE ABUNDANCE:
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Play Music, and Spotify
- Leave an iTunes review. This helps immensely as I continue to bring you new episodes!
- Find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or the Website.
- I’d love your feedback! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me on social media.
- Tell others! I hope you will share these stories with others that you know need to be inspired to live abundantly!