On the Live Abundantly Podcast today, Jacquelene Hayes is speaking with Samantha Day. She is a behavior and sleep consultant and I LOVED her tips that she shares with you! If you are a mom, expecting or you someday plan to be, you will want to tune in. Why wouldn’t you want awesome, restful nights with your kiddos? Be sure to tune in to hear all that she has to offer!
She is a wife and a mom to two. She is also a behavior specialist and a sleep consultant. She partners with families and guides them to what she calls a “rested and happy home.” Essentially she shows how important sleep is and how it affects our health, behavior and life in general.
We live in a day and age where we focus on feeding, which is important. But it’s equally important that our kids are getting the sleep that they need.
“We can actually go longer without food and water than we can without sleep.”
“Usually if we’re seeing less than 10-10.5 hours of overnight sleep, we’re at an overtired level which is the reason we’re only seeing 10-10.5 hours or less.”
“We go on social media and we see #TiredAsAMother and all the other hashtags that are out there that normalize not getting sleep so we think that that’s how it’s supposed to be.”
“There’s a way and a reason that we sleep the way that we sleep.”
“We want something else to cue when it’s actually time for sleep.”
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA:
Podcast: Happy Days, Rested Nights
GETTING TO KNOW STEPHANIE:
Favorite coffee: Vanilla latte at 8pm
Favorite date night: Ziplining
Dream vacation: Hawaii
FOR MORE ABUNDANCE:
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Play Music, and Spotify
- Leave an iTunes review. This helps immensely as I continue to bring you new episodes!
- Find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or the Website.
- I’d love your feedback! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me on social media.
- Tell others! I hope you will share these stories with others that you know need to be inspired to live abundantly!